PERSONAL DATA POLICY
Pursuant to Section 7 of Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709)
This Personal Data Protection Notice [“PDP Notice” which expression shall includes such notice as from time to time amended modified or undated] explains how Messrs Chong Brothers Advocates [“CBA” which expression shall includes the employees, staffs, authorized agents and all other persons involved in the provision of services by CBA”] collect, process and use your personal information in accordance with Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709) [“PDPA”].
CBA reserves the right to amend this PDP Notice at any time without prior notice to you and CBA may notify you via your last known email of any major amendments from time to time. CBA advise you to obtain the latest version of our PDP Notice by contacting us to ensure you are familiar with the latest version.
By engaging CBA to provide services or by communicating with CBA and/or by continue to use CBA’s services or communicate with CBA, you consent to CBA using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice and/or any revisions, amendments and updates to the PDP Notice.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, CBA may not be able to (i) communicate with you and/or (ii) provide you the services you require.
A. Collection of Personal Data
- We will collect, use, process, record, retain, hold, store, transfer and dealt with your personal data that you provide to us by yourself or parties authorised by yourself or information that we may collect from other sources including but not limited to online search, tools, information obtained from third parties through lawful sources e.g., Companies Commission of Malaysia, National Registry Department of Malaysia or any events, conferences or seminars participated by CBA. . The personal data processed by us may include but not limited to the information which you have provided to CBA for example, your name, age, address, NRIC number, passport no., police /army registration no., company name, company registration no., contacts information, fax number, email address, gender, date of birth, race, marital status, income tax details, nationality, information of your spouse or family members, employees, authorized agents or workers, bank account information, loan details, your properties details and other information that has been or may be collected, stored, used, and processed by CBA from time to time.
- In respect of personal data of third parties such as your spouse or family members, employees, authorized agents or workers you warrant that you have obtained their consent allowing us to process their personal data an you will extend a copy of this PDP Notice to them.
B. Purposes of Processing
- CBA may use and process your personal data for the purposes including but not limited to the followings:
- Communication with you;
- maintaining proper administration and record keeping of all the matters in which we act on behalf of you;
- providing the necessary legal services and advice required by you including and not limited to the contentious and non-contentious matters, drafting any cause papers, contracts, agreements, correspondences and/or such other document as may be required by you from time to time;
- seeking other professional advice or opinion;
- determination of the ownership of the assets and liabilities;
- conducting the background checks as may be necessary and appropriate;
- to provide information to any regulatory and/or governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory regulatory and/or government requirements; including disclosure to the Unclaimed Money Management Division of the Accountant General’s Department of Malaysia of your information as required pursuant to the Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965 and regulations in the event of any unclaimed monies on your part;
- for CBA to comply with its obligations under law or any regulation imposed by regulatory and/or governmental authorites, including compliance with laws relating to evidence;
C. Transfer of Personal Data
- Your personal data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia for the purposes as described on the above. You understand and consent to the transfer of your personal data out of Malaysia as described herein.
D. Disclosure to Third Parties
- From time to time, we may need to disclose your personal data to our appointed contractor, sub-contractor, associates, affiliates and/or other external parties (including its branches in Malaysia and in other countries as well as its local and overseas subsidiaries or, as the context may require, any of them) that perform services on our behalf and consequently may provide access or disclose to your personal data to the third parties (which shall include their respective managers, employees, staff, contractors, sub-contractors) including but not limited to:-
- banks and financial institutions;
- insurance providers;
- any professional advisors and external auditors, consultants and accountants;
- regulatory, governmental and statutory authorities and agencies in order to comply with statutory;
- and government requirements including disclosure to the Unclaimed Money Management Division of the Accountant General’s Department of Malaysia;
- any party involved in and related to the legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purpose of the legal proceedings information technology (IT) service providers;
- legal service supporters;
- data entry service providers including data management company and main data centre company;
- storage facility providers; and
- our contractors or third party service or product providers as may be necessary or appropriate.
E. Correction of Personal Data and Withdrawal of Consent
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may make a written request to CBA for the following:-
- for access to your personal date
- request CBA to correct any of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- object to the use or limit the use of your personal data for any purpose; and
- withdrawal, in full or in part of your consent given.
- CBA reserves the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law.
- Please direct your written requests to correct any of your personal data or withdraw consent as follows:
CHONG BROTHERS ADVOCATES
NO.68, LOT 131, JALAN PETANAK
TEL: 082-243743FAX: 082-425799